Tuesday 29 July 2014

Architecture Portfolio

Architecture Portfolio



Architecture PortfolioA look into my past will reveal the priceless experiences that have shaped my character, leadership abilities, and direction in life. I consider my family to be one of the foremost reasons for the strong foundation in my life. Throughout my childhood, my parents guided my steps teaching me the value of serving others within our church and community. My adolescent years allowed me the opportunity to slowly begin cutting some of the strings that bound me to them as a completely dependent child. Transitioning towards eventual independence as an adult, I was given the responsibility of setting an example for my two younger sister & brother. Setting an example for them did not mean being perfect. In fact, it was quite the opposite. Rather than being pretentious, the best way that I could be a role model for them was to genuinely lead as someone who has both good and bad days.

Architecture PortfolioIn this way, they could see the real me and observe how I responded to and learned from life circumstances. My leadership skills continued to develop through my involvement with the Boy Scouts. The Boy Scouts taught me to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent in all areas of my life. These characteristics came into full fruition on the day that I attained the rank of Eagle Scout, the highest rank earned within the Boy Scouts. Before receiving this rank, I needed to complete an Eagle Scout Project that demonstrated the culmination of my leadership skills.

My project consisted of meeting with the local departments to determine a development plan for their newly built government complex. After ironing out all of the logistics between the city hall and the local nursery, I proceeded to supervise the installation of about thirty plants and the preparation of the landscaping beds around them. Obtaining the rank of Eagle Scout revealed much to me about myself. Most importantly, it taught me that I was able to start something and finish it. DIGITAL RENDERING OF GOVERNMENT COMPLEX WITH 3D STUDIO MAX & VRAY While in scouting, I also challenged myself to cultivate a business in lawn service. I began with only a couple of residential accounts.

Architecture PortfolioEventually, my business grew to fifteen accounts including two commercial accounts. While running this small business, I kept track of my income and expenditures and was dependable to keep my scheduled weekly service. Committed to doing my best, this experience further impacted my character and ability for leadership as I realized the value of quality over mere quantity. Currently, I am attending Curtin University in Australia. In addition to pursuing a non-baccalaureate Masters Degree in Architecture, I am a student member of the Hong Kong Institute of Architects (HKIA). My intended degree is a professional degree requiring many long hours of dedication and focus. Throughout my studio classes, my projects reflect the same quality and consideration that I have previously put into my Eagle Scout Project and lawn care business. My transcript is proof that I am extremely efficient at managing my time and balancing all of the project deadlines given to me from each of my current and past courses.

The projects illustrated within this portfolio are specifically selected and chronologically organized to tell my unique story. The values and principles that have molded my individual character have become the foundation for excelling as a future leader within the profession of landscape architecture.

If you have question you can contact me

Hon Wong Architecture Portfolio
http://wonghon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment